ABB is the industry leader for liquidtight fittings and liquid ingress protection. The T&B Liquidtight Fittings are designed to stand up to demanding wet and corrosive environments, including power generation, petrochemical, paper mills, food, beverage, pharmaceutical plants and anywhere high performance is required. ABB offers a wide array of product types, including steel, stainless steel, high temp, aluminum, and nickel plated brass.
Fittings are the most vulnerable point for liquid ingress in any cable protection system. ABB engineers the T&B Liquidtight Fitting fittings above and beyond UL requirements to ensure long lasting preservation of the system.
T&B Fittings incorporates all of the below exclusive, feature rich designs in a single liquidtight fitting:
- Gland deflects water away from connector and prevents “pooling” of moisture. Look for the distinctive pumpkin appearance of the gland nut.
- Self-Cleaning Threads inside gland nut keep dirt and grime out of the threads as you tighten.
- Double Beveled Sealing Ring is designed with five unique sealing mechanisms and cannot be installed backwards. Manufactured of high temperature rated thermoplastic to demanding specifications. Look for the unique T&B blue color ensuring the highest quality fitting.
- Safe Edge® Ground Cone provides superior bonding, stronger pullout, easy threading and conductor protection. Look for the distinctive “ski slope” appearance within the “pumpkin” gland nut.
- Heat-Curled Insulator provides excellent wire protection and easier glide of conductors through and into the fitting. In addition, the heat curled finish gives the insulator more strength than glue-in insulators. Look for the unique T&B blue color ensuring the highest quality fitting.
- Precision Machined Rolled Threads provide smooth, easy installations.
- Tempered Cast Locknut with Teeth provides superior strength and electrical bonding and can be installed without a wrench in the enclosure.
- Optional Revolver® Grounding Fitting Saves time and money using our infinitely adjustable rotating ground lug. Simply align the lug in your preferred position and tighten the gland. You’ll never need to worry about tightening it into an inconvenient position again.
Read more on ABB’s website or contact your Biben Sales associate in Eastern PA, Southern NJ, DE, MD, DC, or Northern VA for more information.